Monday, November 30, 2015

Thanksgiving Dinner (pizza)

Hey everybody, this week was pretty great! We didn't get to teach a ton which was disappointing, but we still had a ton of good experiences.

Unfortunately we weren't able to talk to our investigator Jazmín much this week, so she didn't get to be baptized this week, but we're going by tomorow and hopefully we can get a date set for this transfer, because she's super ready. Already knows everything it's awesome. But we did get to teach her neighbor who we've tried to go by a couple times, and it was amazing. We had given her and her son restoration pamphlets and she already read them, and as we went over the lesson, eventually she just started crying and talking about how she wants to change her life, and she knew this is how she's gonna do it. It was extremely powerful, especially her closing prayer when she was sobbing, pleading with God to change her life. The Spirit was so strong it was aweome. Haven't seen her since then, but we're super excited.

We also got to do intercambios this week, which was great. I went with Elder Bush, another gringo that got to Argentina with me, and we had an awesome time. It's always super fun to go out with other people. The night before was Thanksgiving, so we made a bunch of pizza of course, and had a great feast. I didn't think I would miss Thanksgiving as much as I did, it makes it even weirder that they just don't celebrate it at all. But I am super thankful to be here. I'm loving every minute, and learning so much. My district and zone are both awesome, and the ward is great too. I'm super lucky to be here.

Unfortunately we had to end those intercambios early, but it was so I could go do the baptismal interviews for the zone leaders' investigators, which was also really cool. My first time doing interviews, but their investigators are so awesome it made it really easy. They are teaching a family of 7 kids, 4 of which are baptismal age, and the parents already got married about a month and a half ago. And so I interviewed the four kids, and that family really is special. The baptismal service the next day was extremely beautiful, and it was the first one I've been to on my mission. It made me super excited to work hard, and reminded me of my ultimate purpose. The joy I felt and that I saw those kids feel was so powerful, I can't wait to have that be my investigator.

Everything is all good here, can't believe it's December tomorrow! It'll be 5 months for me out here, it's going so quick. I love you all and hope all is well for you guys!

Élder Grondel

preaching repentance to the people of Roca


No comments:

Post a Comment