Monday, November 2, 2015

¡Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrroca!!!

Hola como andan?

This week has been extremely crazy a ton of changes have happened that have blown my mind.

First things first, the new transfer starts today, and they did indeed close our beloved Lamarque. An office elder told us on Friday that the contract for our pension expired the next day, and so we needed to be ready to leave the next morning. Sooooo we packed quickoly, and cleaned the pension, got everything ready to go, and a guy came Saturday afternoon, took all of our stuff, and we left for Choele later that night. This week again we just focused on visitng members again because we knew the area would be closed, so we tried strengthening them so they'll hopefully stay faithful. It was really hard and sad to tell the poor members that we were both leaving and no other missionaries were coming to replace us. The area has been closed before, so it was especially hard because they already know what it's like when they're gone. But nonetheless, we feel that quite a few will remain faithful and attend the branch in Choele Choel. But in order to keep them all, we need the Branch President to step up and get some priesthood holders in Lamarque, or send a member from choele to Lamarque every week to be the group leader there. Most of the members can't even afford to go to Choele once a week. But, that is out of my hands now, so I can't worry about it anymore.

So, I'm now in Roca! It's a fairly large city about an hour from Neuquén. We left this morning at about 4:30 from Choele, and got here just before 8, So I'm suuuuuper tired right now. Elder McNeil is with me in my district, and we're living together! But we both are training! I can't believe it! We're both finishing the second-half training for two Elders that arrived in Argentina with me, but I'm technically a transfer ahead because of Idaho. My new comp is Elder Sorenson from Koosharem, Utah, which is about 300 people strong. He's super funny, I love him already. And, I'm district leader! I have no idea what is going on or how I'm going to do any of this, but I'm confident everything will be alright. Also, Elder McNeil is with Elder Blanco from Mexico from my group, and we are all living together! It's gonna be super awesome and fun.

President called us last Tuesday to ask about Lamarque and wanted to talk to me. He asked me how I would feel about being a senior companion to a new missionary, and I said that I still don't speak the language all that well, and I haven't had much experience at all, but he just told me not to worry. I felt nervous ever since then, but have been praying a ton and really just telling the Lord that I'll do whatever He wants me to. I felt like I was doubting myself too much when I was on the phone with President, and I came to the realization that, once again, it's not about me. Although this is kind of in a different since than it has been before, it really isn't about me. It doesn't matter that I don't understand a lot of Spanish, or speak it that well, it doesn't matter that I have never taught anybody the Plan of Salvation in Spanish, none of that matters. This mission, every single part of this work, is about the Lord Jesus Christ. I am simply trying my best to do His work, but I can't do it alone. And I know I'm not alone. When we got transfer calls and we were all huddled straining to hear what would happen, and I couldn't breathe, as soon as they said my new assignment, I felt at peace. I didn't feel nervous or inadequate, just peaceful. The Lord is going to help me sooooooooo much this transfer, it's all gonna be on Him, because I really don't know what I'm doing. But I know as I rely on Him, todo va a salir bien.

I love you all so much. The Lord has big plans for each and every one of us, and I know if we put all of our trust in Him, we will perform miracles. Not just in the mission field, but everywhere.

Sorry for no pictures, camera still broken, and Elder McNeil forgot his with all of ours from this week.

Elder Grondel

No comments:

Post a Comment