Monday, October 3, 2016

Plottier

Hola familia!!!!

Weeeellllll I got transferred! I just got here to a city called Plottier, which is a smaller city outside of Neuquén. I was very sad to leave my favorite area up in the beautiful mountains of the Patagonia, but I'm excited for this transfer. And I finally got a latin comp! His name is Elder Juarez and he's from Buenos Aires. I met awhile ago in one of my first areas, he's a great guy and we're going to do a lot of good things together. We're zone leaders together, and the zone has a few small districts that are quite spread out, and we've got a lot of work to do to help them all out. It's going to be a great transfer.

This week went by super quick doing a lot of different things, but the highlight was definitely General Conference! It was so great, I feel like we just had it about a month ago, but time just keeps going by faster and faster. One of the talks that really stood out to me was Ronald A. Rasband's about spiritual experiences and everything. It was so great to hear his testimony of how things have gone for him as an apostle, and how he has held on to the Lord more than his whole life. I loved how he pleaded at the end that we don't forget those spiritual experiences. That is so important. I have met so many less active and inactive members and investigators that have let disputations, contentions, and other insignificant problems overpower and drown out the spiritual experiences that they have had in their lives. Our minds may forget them, but as we reflect in sincere prayer, the Lord will help us to remember those experiences that have brought us to where we are today.

Well that's enough soapboxing for today. I love you all so much, thank you for your constant support, I truly appreciate it!!!

Elder Grondel

Last picture with the zone in Bariloche

No comments:

Post a Comment