Monday, October 31, 2016

Happy Halloween

Hello there Everything's great here in Plottier (in spanish pronounced P-low-ti-er)

I don't really have too much to report on this week, it wasn't all too exciting. A member yesterday told me that Halloween is Satan's new year and condemned me for ever celebrating it, so that was fun.

We did intercambios with the district leader in Progreso, which is in Neuquén, and Elder Shupe came and did them with me here in Plottier. He's a good Elder that I had met when I was in San Martín and he was just starting the mission in Bariloche. He's a good guy and we get along great so we had a good time.

Also in district meeting in Senillosa we had to eat apples tied to a string blindfolded as our companions led us with their voices demostrating companionship unity. Pics will be attached.

Also, yesterday was a great day! My companion and I have been working super hard and have commited ourselves to baptize this transfer, and we haen't been seeing the success we wanted in our area. Yesterday morning we went to go pick up an investigator, Nestor, and walk to church with him, he had said beforehand he would come and was excited. But when we went to get him, there were all asleep. So we went to church, and there was another investigator that came always but needs to get married before she can get baptized. And so we kept going and I was thinking about how we hadn't seen what we wanted eventhough we had put our faith and trust in the Lord, and I said to myself. don't doubt, it'll all work out. A few minutes after that, the same investigator Nestor showed up with his less active girlfriend to sacrament meeting! (the last meeting in our area). It was an answer to my prayer almost immediately. I love being a missionary!

Love you all and hope you're well!! :)

Elder Grondel

Eating an apple blindfolded haha




No comments:

Post a Comment