Monday, February 20, 2017

Bariloche 2.0


Hello my amazing family!!! This week was great, we had a great time.

The main event was the missionary leadership council in Bariloche with President Teixera, the area President, for our area, which is South America South, and it was fantastic. We left on Thursday around 2, and got there at night. It was super weird to be back in my old area, and to stay in my old apartment, but it was super great. Everything was the same, same neighbors, same people working at the shops. It reminded me why that's one of my favorite areas until now. I love going to consejo because there's usually a lot of missionaries that I've either been comps with, or I've worked closely with my entire mission. This time it was weird being one of the missionary with the most time in the mission, that freaked me out.

But anyway, President Teixera was great. He's super funny, has a lot energy, y helped us with a lot of things that are going to change the mission. He's from Portugal, but has lived in a bunch of different places, and speaks 5 languages in total. Him and his wife as well gave a lot of good advice and consejos that we're what we needed, and a lot of answers to questions that I personally have been having as well, so it inspired me a lot. Everybody gave some pretty good trainings and other segments, and so I'm excited to be able to see what happens in the zone.

After the council, we didn't have a lot of time before our bus left back to Plottier, but we had just enough time to stop by and see Pablo and Belén, mi conversa, where they were working. Unfortunately, Belen was sick and hadn't come to work that day, but I got to see Pablo, it was nice. We bought some chocolate and then got on the bus. It was a fun trip.

Here in Plottier, we didn't have a lot of time in our area because of other meetings and things to do, but we saw Marcelo again, and he accepted a baptismal date for March 4th! He was excited and is super prepared. He couldn't come to church because he stayed in Neuquén the night before, and his back was hurting him pretty bad, but we'll see him again soon.

Personally, I'm doing great. Living as 4 missionaries is always crazy and fun, and I'm excited to see what we can do this transfer in our ward. They also changed our bishop yesterday! The old bishop had been as bishop for almost 12 years straight, so he was happy to have a change. The new bishop is hermano Sanchez, who is from Buenos Aires (he gets along really well with my comp), and he's very excited and has a lot of great ideas on how he wants to change the ward. It's going to be great.

Other than that, everything's fantastic! Love you all, have a good week!

Elder Grondel

No comments:

Post a Comment