Monday, January 4, 2016

Un Nuevo Comienzo

Hola familia y amiiiiiigos, como andan?

Everything is just perfect here in Roca. We had a really great week, and we're excited with the things that have happened, and excited to seguir.

We met a guy named Olivio this week, and he's super special. The hermanas in our district gave us a reference, and we went to contact it, but it turns out the address was wrong and it wasn't in our area. As we were sitting outside texting the zone leaders the reference, this guy came out of his house and said (in english) "Hello, how are you? Did God send you here to talk to me?" Elder Sorenson and I looked at each other and almost yelled yes! We taught him this week, and he's super humble and wants to learn more. He has a catholic background, and likes to talk A LOT, but he's cool and says he'll get baptized on the 23rd! So we're praying and working hard to make sure that all works out. Truly a blessing. We've found some other great investigators this week and are excited about that too.

For New Year's Eve we went to the flia Ledesma's house again and had asado with pollo a disco, it was sooooo good. It's basically chicken, onions, potatoes, carrots, beans, all mixed together in a big metal disk that you put over a fire, and it's amazing. We had a super fun time all 6 of us missionaries, my companion ate a freakin cricket for 300 pesos (20 bucks) hahahaha he's nuts, I love him. On New Year's Day we went to the chapel and played soccer for like 6 hours and then ate at a less'active family's house with the other elders and had, you guessed it, more asado. Just beautiful.

On Saturday I did intercambios (exchanges) with Elder PIneda, and it was really fun. We get along pretty well, and they have awesome investigators. They met this girl Pia that's studying english about two weeks ago, and she's already been to church twice, has tons of friends, and is ready to do anything, asked about having callings and stuff like that. Really cool. Also, we ate at a Chinese buffet here for lunch on Saturday, and it was sooooo good. One of the better life choices I've ever made.

Everything's just perfect right now. I'm loving life, and am just happy, it's great. I love my companion, my district, my area; The Lord is treating me very well.I'm excited to see what this next half of the transfer holds! I love you all and hope the same for each one of you.

Elder Grondel


Pics


1. It rained. A lot.


2. Stray kitten that wandered in our pensh



3-4. New Year's Eve at Ledesma's




No comments:

Post a Comment