Monday, March 13, 2017

Hola


Hello everyone, how are you doing???

Everything is great. I wanted to do another voice recording, but I forgot and didn't have time so, here we are again.

This week was good. It went by quick, but we did a lot of things. The main thing that comes to mind right now, is we did exchanges with the elders in Senillosa, and I went over there. It's a small town with not a lot of people, just a lot of fields. But we had a good time, found some investigators and saw some good things. I went with Elder Bisbano, who's from Buenos Aires. He's a good elder and has about 4 months in the mission. It was a good time.

We worked a lot this week, and we were finally able to find Ida again, it was a miracle. We were in another part of our area, and we had thought about going by earlier that day, so we decided to go to her house. Right when we are going up to the gate of her patio, she shows up carrying a bunch of groceries, the exact same moment. We haven't seen her in almost two months, but she let us in and we talked for a while. We figured out that she was in Cipolletti for a long time visiting sick family members, and then went to the mountains on vacation with her daughter for a while. She was also really sad, because this Friday was the 3 year anniversary of her husband's death, and they were really close. We talked and consoled her and while we were talking the thought came to my mind that we could give her a Priesthood blessing. A couple minutes later, my companion started talking about the power of the priesthood, and how we act in the name of Christ when we use that power. It was the perfect introduction, and I offered to give her a blessing after explaining what it was, I knew it was from the Spirit. She accepted and I pronounced the blessing, it was a wonderful experience. I felt the Spirit so strong, and knew that we had succesfully followed the promptings of the Spirit to be able to help those that are in need. That's what this whole thing's about, it was fantastic. She said she needed a little time because she's taking the death of her husband pretty hard, but we'll go back and see her this week.

Also, on Saturday I felt pretty sick. I'm not quite sure what it was, but I we were still able to leave a little bit in the morning, and then went to a ward family history activity, it was pretty fun, I'll try to include some pictures. I guess it was about time, because I've never really gotten sick on my mission until this point, that's a pretty amazing blessing.

Yesterday we were able to talk to Marcelo as well. He's pretty down because he can't work, and depends on other people to be able to have the money to live and provide for his children due to the work accident that he had. He feels that the people that are supposed to being helping him aren't doing their job right and he's suffering because of it. He feels pretty hopeless and powerless, and he's frustrated. He's kind of closed himself off, but we were able to invite him to find comfort in the Book of Mormon, and we're going to pass by again soon to be able to talk to him more.

Other than that, everything's great. Living the dream and loving every second of it.

Love you all, pretend that there's an excalamtion point here, my keyboard doesn't work right haha

Elder Grondel.



No comments:

Post a Comment