Monday, September 14, 2015

Don't Cry for me Argentina

"Are you gonna talk about me again?" My district leader Elder Garcia

Hello dear family and friends! I hope that all is going well for you this week.

We had a pretty good week this week, the most exciting thing of course being that my visa is cleared, and I'll be going to Argentina next week! I'm extremely excited to be able to go to Argentina, but I have really enjoyed my time here in Idaho. There is a ton of stuff I have learned and habits I have developed that I am super excited to be able to apply for the rest of my mission and my life. But, let me now tell you about my week here.

We've been teaching a guy named Ron, and he is super awesome. Like I said before, he had a very different upbringing, and when we taught him this week, he kept talking about how the last year of his life has been so weird, and he's being doing so many things that aren't "him." It was really cool, and we beared testimony that he was supposed to be here in Idaho for this message that we are sharing. Unfortunately, we went to the place where we would usually teach him (the house of a man with some sort of mental disorders that he stays with) and he wasn't there because apparently he got fired. So we're trying to get in contact with him and figure out what's going on.

Eating dinner with members is a blessing. It is always so nice to be with them, and it helps me stay motivated, to try to help others have that same spirit in their home. This week we ate dinner with the booth family, and one of the daughters and the mom had the exact same laugh, and they kept saying something, looking at each other, and then laughing at the exact same time. It was freaky, but kind of funny.

We went to the new Cafe Rio that just opened this week in Rexburg for lunch, and it was fantastic. Always good.

The rest of the week was sweet! We taught the most lessons we've taught yet and it was really awesome. We were able to really get outside of ourselves and just work hard.

Our investigator Brallan is still doing well, feeling good about his baptismal date, and he came to church again this week, and so did his sister! We're hoping that we can work with them more this week so we can get them both progressing in the Gospel.

Overall, my week was pretty good! It's very comforting to know that I'm finally going to Argentina, but it was definitely something that I felt like I had to work for, if that makes sense. Like I didn't get the news that it was cleared until after I had truly invested into the work here, and decided that there is nothing I can do right now to change whether it comes or not, so I might as well give my all here. It's been really cool to see how that has made a difference in my days here and our ability to teach and be better missionaries. I truly believe that it's when we turn it all over to the Lord, and decide to be the best conduits of His work that we can, is when we attain greater joy and knowledge.

We are children of our Father in Heaven, and I know that to be true. When we remember that divine lineage that we are able to do all things that seem hard or intimidating. Remember "perfect love casteth out all fear." When we remember the perfect love He has for us and the people we deal with, we realize there is no reason to worry. He will always be there for us, guiding us by subtle promptings to get back to that divine potential we have.

Love,
Elder Grondel


1. Feeling patriotic, knowing that my time is short here in the good ol US of A



2. Chair plant pot thing?


3. Ice cream truck we always pass by


No comments:

Post a Comment